Dec 21, 2011

REVIEW: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


     So I've finished reading this amazing story over again and I can simply say that it was like I hadn't read it before because I felt everything as if I were experiencing it for the first time. This novel wasn't what I thought it would be. Let me explain . . . first time I saw this novel as a rec for what to read, I just shrugged it off and thought it couldn't possibly be that great. I didn't even think it was a romance type novel because of the cover of the book. As I said before, don't judge a book by its cover. So I continued to search for recs of what to read and this novel kept popping up, I gave in and read the reviews. With so much praise for this novel I thought, I have to check this out!
       I got the novel and read it two days, yep that fast because I really couldn't stop reading. It held me and kept me captive from the very first chapter till the end. The story is told from the POV of the heroine Abby Abernathy who has moved away from her hometown with her best friend America to get away from her bad family life. I'll keep the spoilers to a minimum. What Abby didn't anticipate or want was the campus bad boy being interested in her. He was familiar for her but not in a good way. They settle on becoming friends until a bet changed everything.
Alt. Cover
         Travis Maddox is a tattooed sexy bad boy that all the girls want and most of them have. He's like that guy you know you can't take home to meet the parents but you find yourself drawn to him even though you know you should just look the other way. For me, I realized that Travis really had it bad for Abby or "Pigeon" as he calls her from the start. It whole school, everyone except Abby realizes this.The depth of feelings that he develops for her throughout this book is borderline insane. He's possessive, has a short fuse and a teensy bit obsessive. Maybe that's not right; he's very obsessive. Not a good combination but on Travis it works and you find out he's insecure and doesn't think much of himself. Both of them have pasts that define the way they are. They face many obstacles to be together but in the end love does conquer all. They're a mess with each other and a mess without each other. Which makes them exactly as the book says- A Beautiful Disaster.


“I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I’ve loved
anyone or anything, ever.” - Travis

This book is a must read! Check it out, you won't regret it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day