Jan 29, 2012

REVIEW: Double Clutch- Liz Reinhardt

            So I just finished this book and the sequel Junk Miles today. But let's talk about Double Clutch. I've read a lot of YA novels in the past and I've since grown out of them, seeking different genres, broadening my horizons, which is why I've put off reading this book for a while in favor of more mature contemporary selections.
So last night, yes, I read this book last night and it's sequel I just finished a few hours ago. I'm a fast reader, it helps too when the novel is so interesting that I can't put it down. So I read Double Clutch last night and it exceeded my expectations. It's the first novel I've read from the author and I stumbled upon it by chance actually and I couldn't have been more thrilled.
Yes it was a YA novel but a more mature YA. Not the cookie-cutter clean teen romance. It was a completely enjoyable read. The characters were refreshing in their imperfections and the story was real. I would totally recommend this book.
The story is about a young girl Brenna Blixen who just move home after a year long stay in Denmark with her parents. She's the new girl at school. She's beautiful, smart and witty and everyone takes notice. Brenna never anticipated though meeting two of the most intriguing guys in one day. Enter Saxton Maclean, dark looks, devilishly sexy smile, he's an absolute bad boy and Brenna knows it but she still cant help but be attracted to him. Even he is drawn into their attraction albeit unwillingly. He's not used to feeling so out of control when it comes to a girl but with Brenna it's different.
Enter Jake Kelly, Brenna meets Jake Kelly at Tech school where she's doing courses in Graphic Design. He's handsome, sweet and a little shy and she's endeared to him. He seems to be the complete opposite of Saxon. What's a girl to do when she's drawn inexplicably to two very hot, equally great guys? 
I won't spoil the story for you but Brenna must obviously make a choice. This novel was a great read. An easy read when your at home just lazing the day away. It's a fast read and definitely a keeper. Be sure to also check out the sequel Junk Miles and I've heard there's a third novel called Slow Twitch that would be released sometime this year.




“Can I..." He stopped and his jaw flexed. "Can I kiss you?" 
I didn't answer, and he didn't wait for me to. His hands caught me gently behind the neck and he pressed his mouth to mine, softly but firmly. Then he moved one arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.”  (Jake)
― Liz Reinhardt, Double Clutch






Happy Reading! :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day