Jan 29, 2012

REVIEW: Fifty Shades Series by EL James- Must Read

So I stumbled upon this series after reading Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. The novel was so completely awesome that it had me wondering if there were any other novels out there with a hero as deliciously irresistible as Travis Maddox. I won't lie to you, I've read Beautiful Disaster so many times and I really don't see myself tiring of this book anytime soon.

So the Fifty Shades Series by EL James was a rec for a hero similar to Travis and for me, I was like 'who could possibly be better than Travis freakin' Maddox?' Well Christian Grey in all his Fifty Shades was simply irresistible. So there are three novels in this series; Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed, which was recently released.

Fifty Shades of Grey is basically is about a young girl, Anastasia Steele who on a technicality ended up the interviewer to one of the richest, hottest bachelor businessmen, as a favor to her best friend. That day ended up changing her life. Christian Grey the mercurial, brooding businessman was instantly smitten with Anastasia and I don't want to give too much away, but in spending time with him, she learns his secret, well not his only secret but a secret nevertheless, that he's a Dom looking for his next sub and he wants her to fill that position.

If your not a fan on BDSM you might not be intrigued but I have to say check it out anyway because that's not the real story here. The real story is about the relationship between Ana and Christian and a love that transcends so much. This series personifies true love and all through these books I'm like 'where can I find my Christian Grey?'
He's not perfect, far from it, neither is she but they balanced each other out somehow and the way he loves her in this series is so intense it's almost indescribable. He's possessive, obsessive, jealous and controlling. You'd think that would turn a girl off but honestly it doesn't. You love him more for it.

The first novel ends on a cliffhanger so you should probably get the first two at one time to pick up where the first left off. The third novel brings everything together and that perfect HEA was worth the wait. You'll not regret these books. I haven't. I've been re-reading them every free chance I have.



I can't wait to see what else this author has to offer. :)


“This is a man in need. His fear is naked and obvious, but he's lost. . . Somewhere in his darkness. 
His eyes wide and bleak and tortured. I can soothe him. Join him briefly in the darkness and bring him into the light.” 
― Fifty Shades of Grey

“This is me, Ana. All of me...and I'm all yours. What do I have to do to make you realize that? To make you see that I want you any way I can get you. That I love you.” 
― Fifty Shades Darker

“He makes me graceful, that's his skill. He makes me sexy, because that's what he is. He makes me feel loved, because in spite of his fifty shades, he has a wealth of love to give.” 
― Fifty Shades Freed

                            

Happy Reading
Laters Baby  ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day