Apr 23, 2012

REVIEW: Bared to You by Sylvia Day


Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

5/5 stars


I Want More Gideon Cross!

     Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
     The novels I've read from Sylvia Day so far have been her Historical novels. I've never been into historical romances till her novels. She is one of my favorite authors and this novel was simply superb. I don't have the words to describe! 
     This novel was recommended to me for what to read after Fifty Shades Series by EL James. Needless to say, I jumped right at it because I was having Fifty Shades of Withdrawals. This novel blew me away. 
     It was filled with a multitude of emotions! It was angsty, romantic, oh-so sinfully sexy and erotic at times, and truly emotional. There was just so much emotional content so much feelings that I was locked in from page 1 and couldn't stop turning! I've been looking for a another novel to make me feel the things I felt after reading Fifty Shades and I found it! 
     Gideon Cross is right up there with Christian as one of my favorite heroes of all time! He dark and has this air of danger about him and he's got dark secrets buried inside him that he'll let no one close enough to see. Eva is his perfect match! Girl crushing on her!
      What I liked most about this book was how dark and damaged both characters were. Both the Hero and the heroine has had traumatic pasts though Gideon's has not been revealed only hinted at which was something I was a bit peeved over but since there's a next book, I'm okay with it. They fit each other. They weren't perfect but it was so much better, so much more, when they were together.I love how desperately they need each other and how possessive he is of her. And their chemistry? Off the charts  . . . sheet scorching hot!!! Those sex scenes were simply decadent. 
       When I think of Gideon Cross, after reading this novel, I think of silk sheets and sexy hard muscles, soft dark hair under my fingertips and piercing, heart stopping blue eyes! And a man in a suit? Such a turn-on. Okay over-sharing now! He had me thinking like Amy from  who was in love with the Hero in the book she was reading. I want me my own Gideon Cross!
      Another thing was how well the two leads complemented each other. They both brought out the light and dark in each other's personalities. Being with Eva slowly brought Gideon out of the emotional shell he was hiding in. He also brought Eva out of her own shell after her traumatic childhood. Memories of both their pasts still haunt them but nothing could keep them apart. It's a little codependent how much they needed each other but not in a negative way. 
       Another thing I really liked was Eva's other relationships that I thought were fleshed out well. Her relationships with her roommate Cary and her mother. Cary was really good secondary character for me as the best friend/big brother. I look forward to more on him in the next one because he's got a dark past like the Hero and heroine. The novel's just filled with flawed characters. 
     The novel was well-written, the characters well developed and the connections between each character was never lacking. I would have really liked for more insights into Gideon's nightmares but I'm hoping it comes in the next book .

Favorite Quote:

“Are you sleeping with anyone?” 

The question was asked so casually it took a second to process what he’d said. 

I inhaled sharply. “Why is that any business of yours?” 

He looked at me and I saw what I’d seen the first time we’d met—tremendous power and steely control. Both of which had me taking an involuntary step back. Again. At least I didn't fall this time; I was making progress. 

“Because I want to fuck you, Eva. I need to know what’s standing in my way, if anything.” 

Sylvia Day, Bared to You


0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day