May 21, 2012

REVIEW: Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan

My Thoughts: 4/5 stars

     Ms Donovan definitely knows how to weave an intense story riddled with tons of emotions. This book was pretty amazing but there were a few things that kept me from giving the full five stars.
     Though fantastically written, I just felt there was too much pain. After everything Emma endured in Reason to Breathe, I just felt that she deserved an ease in that department but she never got it. There was just bad thing after bad thing, that kept bringing her back to her bad place.
     I can't tell you how much I wished that Johnathan would just disappear throughout the entire book. Though they could relate due to similar type situations, I just knew he was trouble. I knew he was going to come between Evan and Emma which has been and will continue to be the most beautiful part of this series. The love between them was palpable, potent and I felt just like Analise did when she told Emma about the love she witnessed from Evan for Emma.
     Evan is truly the best character for me in this novel. I really love Emma as well, because of her strength. This girl is bad-ass having endured so much and still be able to face every day and try to be happy again and I felt that having Evan and Sara did that for her. She wasn't alone and she wasn't unloved.
     The end was really sucky for me. Though Emma was harsh with Johnathan, she was justified. He probably wouldn't have stopped beating Evan and I'm happy that she let him know how it was between them. Though I still believe he'll pop up in the next novel. Her leaving Evan broke my heart but I understood. I fervently wish that they find their way back to each other in the next book, Out of Breath. They belong together.
     This girl seriously deserves a happy ending. Though this one wasn't the hugely dramatic hanger that ended the first, I felt the author ended it right. Cannot wait! Please don't make me wait another year for this one! 
Must read series definitely. So much emotions, that your heart's clenching for the characters in almost every chapter.
    If I haven't said it already, I LOVE EVAN!
Fan-girl squee over . . .  need to bide my time till the next book!
Happy Reading :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day