May 22, 2012

REVIEW: Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1) by Abbi Glines

     


     This is the first novel from Abbi Glines and honestly, she's gotten better as she continued because this wasn't one of my favorites of hers. The novel wasn't a bad but it was thoroughly predictable. For me at least.  I didn't connect with the characters at all. The relationship between Jax and Sadie, I just didn't feel the chemistry and the feelings between them seemed premature. I just didn't connect at all. The depth of the characters was severely lacking for me, but that's just one person's opinion.
     Marcus actually was the character that I liked in throughout which is why I am excited to read Because of Low  as it is his story. He was genuine where I felt like I didn't understand Sadie's draw to Jax at all. She said she saw the guy he was underneath the rock-star image but I didn't see what she apparently saw. Jax was always sure of himself and the vulnerable rock-star thing wasn't working for his character. 
     All in all not one of my favorites from this author since I know she's totally awesome after reading the first two of the Existence Trilogy and is eagerly anticipating the third.

 3/5 stars


0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day