Sep 1, 2012

Got Another Hero To Obsess About . . .

REVIEW: The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle



     Most definitely 5/5 stars for Samantha Towle latest! It's an absolute hit that I couldn't put down from the moment I started. I was like a junkie, reading till the very last word. As a fan of her Alexandra Jones Series, I was definitely ecstatic for this novel and it didn't disappoint in any aspect. It had it all, sexy tattooed rock-star? Check. Beautiful, exotic heroine? Check. Lots of Drama? Check. Hot steamy scenes to fog up my kindle screen? Check! Check! Check!
     Now if you guys read all my blog posts, I have quite a few heroes that I have mentally formed a relationship with (damn, even that sounds bad). But added to this illustrious list is the sexy, tattooed rockstar, Jake Wethers. He is simply irresistible and I wouldn't even try to resist ;)
     Jake and Tru were childhood friends till he moved away and grew up to be a big-time rock-star and she became a music journalist. Tru always loved Jake but she never thought their paths would cross again . . .especially since he didn't try to make contact. But when her boss scores an interview with the bad-boy of rock-n-roll, she wants Tru to do the interview and suddenly Tru seems unsure about how she now feels about Jake. Drop a long-term boyfriend, drugs & alcohol, lots of sexual tension, love and heartbreak and you get "The Mighty Storm."
     This was a wonderful story of not just two best friends finding each other again but something of an epic love coming to fruition. Tru has always loved Jake and he's always only wanted her. The emotions, the hurt, the heartbreak . . .everything  was so well written. In the tense parts my heart would be clenching in my chest especially when Jake cried. 
     For our protagonists, I thought Tru was a strong female lead. She was strong-willed and she basically completed Jake. They were like two halves of a whole. The whole cheating thing, wrong as it may have seemed, I understood why it happened. They just loved each other so much that nothing else mattered. She may have taken too long to break the news to Will, I hated how Jake was hurting over her seeming indecision. She really stood up to him when he started to spiral out of control and I think she definitely made the right call because he wised up and did the right thing. Her reservations about their very public relationship were understandable but in the end, love won out.
     Jake! Well  . . . he was the epitome of a damaged hero. He was a recovering alcoholic and drug-abuser. He suffered a melt-down when one of his band-mates died but he was still rocking hard with "The Mighty Storm." He was also irresistibly sexy, with his tousled hair, blue eyes to drown in and tattooed bod. Sigh! Oh and I just have to mention that him singing "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak had me playing this song on a loop 'cuz its such a sexy song! 
     Him and Tru together were just like a bomb waiting to go off, but in a good way. The way he'd look at her and the things he'd say. Oh and the sexy sexy scenes in the bedroom and out. Sinfully delish! I devoured every scene and wanted more.
     Oh and the "Meet Jake" extra at the end was icing on the cake. I loved getting inside the character's head and it was great reading  Jake and Tru's interview chapter from his point of view. You got so much, I wouldn't have thought he was so nervous, thinking the things he was, reading from Tru's POV. A fun little treat at the end of the story.
   

“I’ve only ever loved one girl, Tru – and that’s you. It’s always been you. I loved you from the moment I knew how to love.” 
― Samantha Towle, The Mighty Storm

     Ms Towle, you've got a serious hit here girl and I just straight up loved it. I can't wait for what's next and the third installment of the "Alexandra Jones Series." This novel is a must-read and one of my favorite for 2012. 


“You ask what I want from you?” His eyes move to my lips, then my eyes. “I want you, Tru. I just want you. All day, every day.” 
― Samantha Towle, The Mighty Storm



Follow Samantha Towle on Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day