Sep 19, 2012

REVIEW: Ceaseless (Existence, #3) by Abbi Glines


SPOILER: I am going to be totally gushy about this book becasue I love it so much so bear with me 'kay?

     5 of 5 stars for Ceaseless ( Existence, #3) by Abbi Glines. Swear that it was the best of the trilogy and trust me, with a series as good as this? It wasn't an easy feat. I started reading it as soon as I got it and didn't stop till I was finished. Abbi Glines has done it again. She's turned my world upside down and it had everything to do with the brooding, sexy entity know as Death or Dankmar.

     Just when I thought this series couldn't get any better, it totally did and I fell even more in love with Dank. It couldn't have happened at a worst time because this was the last book of the trilogy and I'm going to have withdrawals.

     I anticipated this novel right after finishing "Predestined" and it didn't disappoint in the least but exceeded all my expectations. I am so going to read this one over and over.

     So as this novel starts, we already know that Jay is apparently Pagan's soul-mate. That had me in a tizzy until I read the novel. Pagan has been stripped of all memory of Dank so that she doesn't remember him. AT ALL. He's supposed to win her fair and square if her soul chooses him over it's soul-mate (Jay).

     Knowing that Pagan didn't remember him and he had to win her love all over again, competing with her soul-mate, was torture for Dank but he handled it well, most times. Getting so much from Dank's POV was really great. We really got to see inside his heart, how much he loved Pagan and just wanted her happiness. How much he needed her. How lost he was without her. I had some heart-clenching moments reading this novel and a near cry but I held it together.

     On the flip side, I loved having Gee there throughout, she was very entertaining and the development of Miranda's and Nathan's ( Wyatt's) meeting and relationship. This one was a lot less YA and a bit more contemporary YA as the girls were now in college. 

     When Pagan remembered Dank and the scenes thereafter were absolutely positively my favorite of the novel. I just love them together. I just loved this series and I feel the gushing coming on so I'm going to have to stop soon.

     I'll just say that you won't be disappointed in this novel, it was well worth the wait. It's the best of an already stellar series. It's also bittersweet, being the last novel in the trilogy, which may lead to crying or the urge to. Abbi Glines was a master with this one and I just flat-out, with no other words, loved it so much! One of the BEST-OF-2012


If you haven't read the series yet, Check out the previous titles:


                       

Follow Abbi on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/AbbiGlines

See my review of Existence here
See my review of Predestined here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day