Oct 18, 2012

REVIEW: Losing It by Cora Carmack

This read was a welcome delight from the more intense novels I've read lately. It was a recommended read from Maryse's Book Blog and since she's never recommended a bad book, I totally had to check this one out and I'm so glad I did because it was totally worth it!


     So This novel is basically about a college student who feels that twenty-two and still being a virgin is kind of a bad thing. So her friend Kelsey takes her out to look for someone to rectify this 'problem.' She meets a very sexy British man at a bar who's accent makes her melt and she takes him back to her place. But right when things start to get at their steamiest, Bliss in a fit of anxiety and fear, makes up the lamest excuse to not 'do-the-deed.' She leaves the naked hottie in her apartment only to find him in her theater class on Monday, as her new professor.


“It wasn’t until I’d walked halfway across the parking lot that I realized: 1. I wasn’t wearing shoes. 
A. Or a shirt. 
2. I didn’t bring my keys                       
A. Or anything really. 
3. I’d just left a complete stranger in my apartment.                       
A. Naked.
Whoever said one-night stands were supposed to be simple with no strings attached had clearly never met the disaster that was me.” 
― Cora Carmack, Losing It


     This novel was fun, fast-paced and had a sexy accented male, as the lead, whose accent is sure to make you melt every time he calls you 'love.' There was a forbidden love thing going on with him being her professor and all. He really pushed the line and the fact that they could've gotten caught in most encounters was kinda exciting and sexy! There was also a semblance of a possible love-triangle that really didn't happen though the 'other guy' was really very sweet. The development of the relationship between Bliss and Garrick was well formulated and believable. The characters very likable.  All in all, it was  a really great read and I would definitely recommend it as well. Oh and there's just something about the cover that's sexy. An understated kinda sexy.
I give it 4/5 happy stars!


Happy Reading Everyone!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day