Nov 2, 2012

REVIEW: Checkmate (A Neighbor from Hell, #3) by R.L Mathewson





 “But I'd take you because you're the best part of my day, Rory. Always have been and always will be.” 
                   -Connor




5/5 stars!





          I absolutely loved this novel. R.L. Mathewson has done it again! It's the third in an already terrific series and it has only gotten better. I had really enjoyed Jason and Trevor's stories before and I enjoyed their cousin Rory's just as much. These novels carry every emotion that you could feel while reading a novel; it was funny, romantic, frustrating, sexy, sad. I just had such a plethora of emotions while reading it was not even funny.
          Rory and Connor have known each other since they toddlers. Toddlers who tortured each other on a daily basis. There had been constant animosity between the two fr twenty-five years and even as adults they continue to make each other's lives a living hell- Connor more than Rory. he constantly taunted and teased her and did everything imaginable to her to embarrass her, hurt her (though not fatally) and she fought back just as dirty. With five older brothers, she knew how to handle herself.
          I cracked up so much reading all the things these two put each other through over those twenty-five years and it all came to a head when they were forced to work together when both their construction firms were recruited to work on a hotel. I thought, well there's no way they could work together without killing each other!
          What frustrated me, was discounting Connor's hotness, I didn't see how Rory could be attracted to him. Don't get me wrong these two knuckleheads totally belonged together. There was just no other way but this guy tortured her on a daily basis since she was a young girl, how could she - GAH! I just didn't get it, but I digress.
          The scheming and manipulating suddenly come to a head when they both start to feel things for each other, other than HATE! 
          I loved how we got some Jason and Trevor and their never satiated appetites. Those Bradford's sure can eat. This novel was hilarious but it didn't lack the sexy. Rory and Connor gave us some scorchers!
          I hope there are more novels to come in this series because each one thus far has been a WINNER!

If you haven't read this series yet, I suggest you get caught up. Her Pyte/Sentinel Series is another winner!

Book 1
Book 2



0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day