Dec 16, 2012

All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2) by Raine Miller


I think what I really liked about this one was the fact that it was totally told from Ethan's perspective. It's always a treat when we get the male's POVs in novels because it's usually the heroine telling the story and we don't get to see the depth of the male's character, stripped bare like you would from his own perspective.

You really saw the core of Ethan's feelings for Brynne in this one. His possessiveness, his love, his inherent need to know she was safe because losing her would be too much for him. The chapters before they got back together were really telling. He was so distraught. He was basically lost without her.


We got more insight into his past though I'm guessing that its not the whole story though. We finally know in detail what Brynne went through- her past.


I really loved how Ethan showed her how loved and wanted she was and never once made her feel like she was undeserving of that because of what happened to her in the past. he was afraid that he wouldn't want her anymore after knowing the whole truth but he showed her that nothing would ever change the way he felt about her. I loved how vocal he was about his love for her. It was really sweet.


Reading from Mr. Blackstone's POV already told you what you knew from 'Naked', that he was very possessive but I think that from his side, his words, you saw how far those feelings traveled. He was insanely jealous and possessive  wanting to mark his territory when it came to other men getting too close. The sexy scenes between these two were as steamy as ever. So hot.


This sequel was just as good as the first if not better but I at the end I was confused  Let me explain. The charm about this series is that every time it gets to a really good, intriguing part, the book is like over and I'm left wanting more, like I was with this one.


At the end I had so many questions that I wanted to read more. I needed some answers.


1. Who sent that video to Brynne's old cellphone and was watching them at the Gallery?

2. Did Gabriella and Ivan hook up at the event?
3. Who's after Ivan?
4. Brynne's sick. What's wrong with her? ( See I had a theory about this one and now I'm gonna have to wait!)

Cliffhangers man, you either hate them or you love them because they ramp up your excitement for the books. Me? I usually son't like them, especially because of the waiting . . .


Really solid sequel, I've really enjoyed this series thus far and I'm really looking forward to the next book.


4/5 stars

Check out my review of 'Naked' (book 1) here

For latest updates on Raine Miller visit her




0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day