Dec 3, 2012

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover

I think what I liked most about this sequel was that it was written from Will's POV. It's always a treat when you get into your hero's head. And I loved being in Will's head because it made me love him more than I already had. 

This one picks up right after Slammed and everything is going great with Layken and Will that is until Will's ex-girlfriend Vaughn shows up and stirs up trouble. The young couple are now forced to take a deeper look at their relationship and their love for each other.

Will already knows how much he loves Lake but proving that to her becomes somewhat of a task and he has no clue what to do. He employs the help of their best friends; Gavin and Eddie and their brothers Caulder and Kel. There's a new addition to this group, a little girl named Kirsten who's wiser than her eleven years of age.

Will was the PERFECT guy in this novel. What made him perfect? That he was imperfect. I love him flaws and all. He was smart and handsome but most of all, he had a beautiful heart and the way he loved Layken, Kel and Caulder? Made me love and appreciate his character even more.


“If I were a carpenter, I would build you a window to my soul. But I would leave that window shut and locked, so that every time you tried to look through it all you would see is your own reflection. You would see that my soul is a reflection of you.” 

The slam poetry piece that he performed to prove to Layken how much he loved her, well, it made my heart melt. The two of them together was a beautiful thing to read. 

“Now that I have you back, I’m never letting you go. That’s a promise. I’m not letting you go."

I especially loved the gesture he made so easily to appease her, to make her more comfortable when she missed her hair. So sweet! Their important date at the end. Loved every moment!

"I was so wrong," she says between kisses. "Sometimes a girl loves to be told."

They were forced to grow up very young and take on many responsibilities, becoming parents when they were barely adults themselves. They always seemed to handle themselves maturely.

They had the best friends that anyone could ask for. I loved Eddie and Gavin and even the newcomers Sherry and her daughter Kirsten. 

A terrific novel that made me cry and love and learn. I love these books and I can't wait to read more of what this author writes.

“I’ll never be able to give you everything you deserve, but I’ll definitely spend the rest of my life trying.” 


4.5/5 stars



Coming December 2012








Check out my Review of Slammed (Book 1) here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day