Dec 29, 2012

REVIEW: Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters

5/5 stars
 Oh My! Wow! I just finished reading this and I've been mulling over this book in my head trying to get my thoughts straight! I just flat out loved this book.

This is my first book by the author and not my last after reading this knockout! The most important contributor to why I liked this book so much can be summed up in two words; Jordan. Levitt. 


Oh save me not from sexy drummers/bartender/sexy singers that says things that will get your heart racing and your panties melting! Jordan Levitt is hot! Hot! Hot! I felt like I was swooning the whole time. The words out of this man's mouth. Be still my heart. I think my favorite line was: 





“I wanted to tell you that I couldn't stop thinking about your face. That you had burrowed your way so deep into my veins that I would fucking bleed you. That if I died tomorrow, I could go a happy man for having felt your lips on my skin.” 
-Jordan Levitt, Bad Rep


He was so smooth, so sexy and suave. This line caught me and hooked me like nothing else and I got caught up in the web of this sexy drummer.  Maysie couldn't help it either. She was hooked, line and sinker from their first meeting.

It seemed simple enough, boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy and girl have off the charts chemistry, I'm talking about looks so hot it'd make your eyes water but there was just one problem . . . sexy bartender guy? Yea, he had a girlfriend. And not any girlfriend, the president of Maysie's sorority and maybe the most popular girl on campus.

When Jordan and Maysie start working together, their desire for each other becomes harder and harder to deny but deny Maysie did and I was proud of her. A lesser woman would have caved in the face of a man like Jordan.

"His voice was like liquid caramel. And I knew exactly what I wanted to do with him. I wanted no holds barred, throw-me-against-a-wall-and-pound-me-within-an-inch-of-my-life-SEX."

Yep, that's what you'd think too if you read this book. Jordan is definitely on my list of Top Heroes of 2012 and in the Top 5. I get so emotionally entangled when reading a story that my heart hurt a lot during this one. The road to "Josie" (that's my couple name for Maysie and Jordan) was a rough one. One that took an extreme turn and changed the lives of our two lead characters but especially for Maysie.

"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes."
-Maysie, Bad Rep

She went from reasonably popular girl to an ostracized and well-publicized, though completely untrue, harlot (much tamer that what they were really calling her). Maysie had a really annoying though understandable in the situation quirk. She ran a lot. She was always running away from Jordan and the problems that came with them being together.

“You're right, baby. We began out of something ugly. But what we became was something beautiful. I just wish I could make you see that.”
-Jordan, Bad Rep

The way Jordan felt about her. WOW! Really! This guy was head over heels for her. He felt this incomprehensible draw to her from the first moment he saw her. He'd never felt about anyone the way he felt for her. They had such a strong chemistry. It was palpable whenever they were in close proximity.


"But tell me, Mays, why is it all I can think about is you? Why am I so eager to take another guy's head off for touching you? Why is it when I lay in bed at night I dream that it's you there beside me?" 
-Jordan, Bad Rep

WOW! Just *shivers and sighs* Oh Jordan. 


“You have taken my heart, every inch of me, Maysie. I don't know that I have anything else to give you that you don't already have.”
-Jordan, Bad Rep


Tell me if that doesn't just make you melt. Hot damn! This guy has such a way with words. Impossible to resist.

But I'll tell you, Maysie made me so proud at the end, standing up for herself like that. It took guts and I wanted to give her a high five and a big hug because after all she'd suffered, she was really brave and it wouldn't have been easy to stand up and fight back after almost the entire school had turned against her.

Love this author! Love this book and I really would love nothing more than to read more of her work. Really good.


HAPPY READING!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day