Dec 2, 2012

REVIEW: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski








“I think when you fall in love, like true love, its love for life. All the rest is just experiences and delusions.” 









Has to be one of the best if not THE BEST book I've read all year. And I've read some great ones. This book just had something more. Something infinitely more touching that made my heart warm wanting to burst in my chest and thought me to never give up on what you want in life.


 “It’s my future and my life and I can’t make myself live the way someone else wants me to.”


What a great book! I don't know if I have the words to describe how much in love with this book I am. It made me laugh, made me cry, and thought me some life lessons. It was hands down a winner!

I always look forward to new books and even before reading the blurb for this one I knew I wanted to read it. The cover actually conveyed a possible fantasy or paranormal novel. Just something about it but after reading the blurb, I knew I was way off but damn if the book didn't already sound good. The girl now gives me an idea of what Camryn looks like with her side ponytail.

This book exceeded all my expectations. Had me crying in my bed and stop reading at one point and then I start back and I'm like God, you didn't really do that to me did you? I cried so hard and then the relief was palpable. I literally took a deep breath and relished the fact that my worst nightmare wasn't real. LOL.

This book shared how to be yourself and never be afraid to go after what you want in life. Not to let anything hold you back. When we are introduced to Camryn, she's just suffered the loss of her boyfriend and she's not happy with where she is in life and after one fateful night when what she had left fell apart with a silly misunderstanding, she leaves and takes a train heading to nowhere in particular.

But everyone is curious and soon she makes up a story and sticks with it, that is until she meets Andrew Parrish on the train. He has his issues too. His father is dying and he can't face it. But they are there for each other. Two strangers travelling, dealing with similar situations and become friends. That is until it starts to turn into something more. 

       “If you were to let me fuck you, you would have to let me own you.” 

I enjoyed the development of Cam and Andrew's relationship from friendship to more. It really made me feel something in my heart. The way they were with each other wasn't like anything they've every felt before. They couldn't be without each other before long but he was afraid of hurting her and she couldn't help falling head over heels in love with him. He made her feel alive for the first time and he she felt free and happy since everything that had happened in her life previously.


“I want you, goddammit! … The thought of you leaving at never seeing you again tears-me-up-inside! … I can’t fucking breathe without you!” 

Their intimate scenes were hot because Andrew is so hot and he makes Camryn unafraid to express her desires and to just be herself. She grows the more she's on this road trip with Andrew and she falls for him more and more. She couldn't help it. Hell, I couldn't help it either. And when they sang together  I wished i could hear it. I love the Civil Wars and Barton Hollow and Poison and Wine are actually my favourites.

“I think if past lives are real then we have been lovers in every single one of them. I've known you for a short time, but I feel like I've known you forever.” 

Doesn't your heart just melt. Mine did. I was just rooting for these two. I wanted everything to work out. I swear when Andrew collapses and she finds out what's wrong with him, my heart splintered. I couldn't take it. It was just too much. They deserved their happy ending. I cried. I really cried and then when I finally started back reading, my sigh of relief was huge. I was dammit, I can't believe I just went through this because that's exactly how I felt.Like I had went through everything along with them and I started to cry again because of it.

The ending was perfect and I loved this couple and their story. It was just PERFECT!

“You were the missing piece of my soul, the breath in my lungs, and the blood in my veins.” 

4.5/5 stars



For more on Author J.A Redmerski


For more Camryn & Andrew visit their Pinterest page:
http://pinterest.com/jredmerski/camryn-andrew-the-edge-of-never/








1 comments:

J.A. Redmerski said...

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for reading and I'm glad you loved Camryn and Andrew's story. :-)

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day