Dec 22, 2012

REVIEW: Fallen too Far (Fallen too Far, #1) by Abbi Glines

Before I get into the heavy, I just need to comment on the book cover and how gorgeous I think it is. I think it may be my favorite of all her book covers and she has some great ones. Okay the book . . .

Still collecting my thoughts after this one. I'm in a bummy kinda place after the ending and I don't know what to do or think. That said though, it was a very good book. Nothing less than what I've come to expect from this author.

It's the most adult story I've read from her and it was so very good. This book had emotion like whoa. I could feel my heart clenching at intermittent periods from the very start and at certain moments throughout. It was also very steamy (oh yea, heavy on the hotness).

Our characters . . . Blaire Wynn ( love the name since Blair Waldorf is like my hero . . . I miss GG already!). She's just lost her mother after a three year battle with cancer. This girl's only nineteen and she's been on her own with her mother since she was fifteen and took care of her and everything after her death for years. Now that he mother's gone, she has no family but the father who abandoned her and her mother five years earlier. She has no home and turns to him for help. and don't mess with her, she may be young and appeal to guys' protective sides but Ms Thang knows how to wield a gun like law enforcement (she'd licensed, don't you worry).

She doesn't want to turn to him but he's all she has left . . .

Enter Rush Finlay, son of a rock-star and totally out of her league and a real bad-boy with his sexy tattoos and piercings . . . and her new step-brother! I have to say nothing about Rush endeared me to him in the slightest from the start. His behavior and mannerisms especially towards Blaire . . . I don't know. I had serious mixed feelings for his character. That started to change though as the book progressed.


“I never asked you for anything more than a room. I don’t expect you to want me. I never did. I am aware that you and I are in two different playing fields."



Things that happened with Rush prior to any sort of relationship with him and Blaire didn't sit right with me. He wanted Blaire so why if he knew she saw him doing another girl, did he just continue to 'do' said girl? Not cool. And that she just seemed to brush that away, confused me a little.


"Blaire, I'm not a romantic guy. I don't kiss and cuddle. You deserve someone who kisses and cuddles. Not me. I just f*ck, baby. You aren't meant for someone like me."

I don't want to give too much away about the story but I will say that the last 15-20% of the book gutted me. The ending made me hurt even more. Rush may not have been my favorite person at the beginning but he grew on me as the book went along. I knew something would ruin it though, there was always that secret lingering and shit hit the fan when Blaire found out. What really made things worse was that everyone in town seemed to know and Blaire was like the last to find out.

To say that feelings were hurt was an understatement. Things went from good to bad really quickly. The coming out of the big secret changed everything and led to the subsequent cliffhanger ending that had me wanting to cry because the next book won't be out for months. :(

"Everyone always said that love was enough. It wasn’t. Not when your soul was shattered." 

Secondary characters . . .  Really disliked Nanette from the get-go. Whatever her issues, she was way too much of a bitch to ever get my sympathy. I liked Bethy. She was cool and her bubbliness was  kind of contagious. Even though Rush disliked him out of jealousy, I really liked Woods too.

 All in all, a great book from one of my favorite authors, I look forward to "Never too Far" (book 2) which from what I've seen should be out in March 2013. If you love Abbi Glines' books this one is a must!

4/5 stars!

For more from Abbi Glines



0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day