Dec 6, 2012

REVIEW: Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


    Of course if I could this novel would be getting all the stars ever! Totally awesome sequel! And of course I fell head over heels in love with Daemon as if I hadn't already in "Obsidian."

     As Katy would say, Holy hot alien babies, this novel was just  . . . god am I lost for words. Daemon and Katy in this novel was perfection. He still drives her insane but she likes it. She totally likes it!


“Daemon was a total babe, but he was stab-worthy, which at times zeroed out the babe part. Not always, though.” 

There is a new guy in town in this one named Blake. He's more like Katy than she 'd think and he understands what she's going through with being  mutated by Daemon. He likes Katy too but Daemon's having none of that. He's ready to make everyone know that Katy is his and the new boy better be sure to understand to stay away. He's helping Katy learn to control her new abilities that comes with being a hybrid. Daemon doesn't like it one bit and he trusts Blake even less and with good reason.

There were a lot more moments between Daemon and Katy in this one. Lots of tense, in a good way, moments and it just about made you swoon. Why? Because it's Daemon freakin' Black!


“Kitten,” he said again, voice strained. “You don’t get to do that and then stop. That’s not how it works.”
I stared at him, my breath stalling in my lungs.
“Not when you’re mine.” Daemon backed us up and slid down the wall, pulling me on his lap so I was straddling him. “And you’re mine.” 

Oh yea, swoon-worthy! Daemon's out to prove to Katy that they have something and it's not just about him healing her and their connection. It's about them. He feels it, feels for her and he's not letting up. Kat's having a hard time resisting his tactics and who can blame her. I wouldn't try to resist at all. I think my favourite was the part with the cookie. O.M.G. I laughed out loud and melted all at one time.

But they have bigger things to worry about this time around, The DOD ware sniffing around trying to connect the missing Arum and Daemon and Katy need to stay under the radar. They can't trust Blake and then someone close to Katy and her mom proves to be even more untrustworthy. 


With every choice and every action comes a consequence and the groups battle against the Arum and DOD causes them a grave loss and a long-awaited and never thought of return.

A terrifically written sequel and I can't wait to read Opal. And see what else is in store for the gang. What else is in store for Daemon and Katy. They're the heart of these books and become my favourite book couple more and more after every novel. Love every scene with these two!


"Tell me what you told me earlier."
"I love you."
"That's all I ever need to hear."
"Those three words?"
"Always those three words.” 

I totally loved this line the most:

"She was perfect to me. She was mine, and I wanted her more than I wanted anything in my life.” 




Next in the series:


December release!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day