Dec 5, 2012

REVIEW: Reflected in You ( Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day

I am a bit late with this review. I read it a couple months back when it was newly released. Taken me a while to write my review but let me start by saying this was a flat out winner! The sequel to the already magnificent "Bared to You" was totally worth waiting for. All the scintillating teasers were nothing compared to the high I was basically on, reading this whole book. A definite 4.5/5 stars. Gideon and Eva's relationship was even more scorching than in "Bared to You."


Gideon and Eva are back in this scorching and very intense sequel to 'Bared to You'. Their relationship is angsty, lustful, loving and drama-filled. But we already know that. Gideon is a force of nature, a sexy man with a secret vulnerable side that holds secrets that no one knows, not even Eva. In the last one we found out about Eva's past and Gideon's was hinted at but not elaborated on. This time around he allows Eva closer to him and shares some of his past with her. They both had deep-seated sorta, well-actually really f-ed up pasts that still haunt them, pasts that shape the way they are at present, issues they'll probably never be able to completely let go off, but together, they can forget their f-ed up pasts and just lose themselves in each other. In the mutual and oh-so overwhelming and irrevocable feelings, the need, they have for one another.

Theirs is not a normal type of relationship. There are rocky times and good times but they are perfect together and its almost tragic when they're apart. They see a therapist to help them through their issues but his suggestions just don't cut it with them because any solutions that involves less touching just doesn't work for either of them.


“The only way I'm keeping my hands off her is if I'm dead. Find another way to fix us.” - Gideon

There's also the added drama of two exes coming back. One from Eva's past, a rock-star named Brett signed to Gideon's label that wrote a song about Eva. Yep, he wrote a song about her and after finding her again, he wants another chance. Uh-oh! Trouble? Yes with a capital 'Y'. And then there's Corinne. Yea she's still around in this one and from the previous novel we know how much Eva dislikes her and her jealousy when it comes to this woman its uncontrollable.

“I won’t lie. I want to beat the hell out of any man who’s had you—you’d be smart to keep them the hell away from me—but nothing in your past can change how I feel about you.” -Gideon

They also have to deal with Eva's past coming back to haunt her but nothing can stop these two from being together because the love and intensity of their feelings for each other is palpable. It's a force to be reckoned with. They fight and argue and sometimes break-up but they always find their way back to each other. They went through a couple of rough patches in this one but they made it through as always. The sex scenes in this one heated up the pages and had you wanting to fan yourself. Damn, I need my own Gideon Cross. *sigh*

“I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything I've ever wanted or needed, everything I've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you.” -Gideon

"Don't leave me."
"Leave you? I'm going to marry you.”  -Eva


What I also love was her and Cary's relationship. I've loved Cary since the first novel and I just love him and Eva together. They have their ups and downs like most friends do but at the end of the day, they always have each other's backs. There was a bit of family love in this one too, Eva and her mom don't always get along but she was there when Eva needed her and I loved that, we also see this with Eva's father and with Stanton, her step-father.

“Too bad we don’t want to bang each other. We’d be perfect.” -Cary

I really can't wait for more from Gideon and Eva and even Cary. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the third novel, 'Entwined with You' which is several months away slated for release somewhere around May 2013. So far!


“Dark and Dangerous. And all mine.” -Eva

“I'd rather argue with you, angel, than laugh with anyone else.” -Gideon


Crossfire Series:



Book 1 in the series!

See my review here






Also by Sylvia Day:




Historical Title!








Paranormal Series: Renegade Angels:


For the latest news from this author visit her website here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day