Dec 1, 2012

REVIEW: Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

O.M.G! I freaking loved this book. Every single word of it. So funny, witty, laugh out loud hilarious. It's also sizzlingly sexy and has oh-so-much sexual tension!

My goodness, the name of the novels means every thing it implies. Caroline Reynolds has just moved into hr new apartment. She has everything she needs except her 'O'. It's gone missing due to a very determined pizza heir Cory Weinstein and it doesn't seem like it's coming back.

Caroline falls asleep content for the moment in her new apartment when she hears banging. Not at the door. No. It's coming from the apartment next door.   A couple was getting it on and it was definitely going to lose her sleep because her walls were banging.

It was so funny how Caroline named the harem- Spanx, Purina (damn she was the funniest especially with the Clive element) and Giggler.


"The girl next door was meowing. What in the world was my neighbor packing to make that happen?"

I really couldn't stop laughing when Caroline's cat was trying to claw through the walls to get to his beloved Purina! Oh my! But enough was enough and Caroline couldn't stand anymore of the Wallbanging Simon. She knew his name because those girls were really vocal. LOL.

“Are you out of your mind? The walls are not nearly as thick as your head. I can hear everything! Every spank, every meow, every giggle, and I have had it! This shit ends now!”


Oh did I mention that Simon is smoking hot with his dark messy hair and electric blue eyes? Oh yea, can someone say YUM! He's a successful photographer that travels all around the world but he's not the relationship type. He hasn't had a girlfriend since high school and doesn't know how to be in a relationship. And Caroline has no intention of becoming one of the 'harem'. This is kind of the delay for them actually getting together. The reluctance to ruin the friendship they'd developed, his qualms about ultimately hurting her and they basically denying their attraction and need for each other.

The development of the relationship between Simon "Wallbanger" Parker and Caroline "Pink Nightie Girl" Reynolds was so good. They were at each other throats even when they were at a truce and the sexual tension? Thick enough to cut with the proverbial knife. I reveled in their back and forth of witty comebacks to each others barbs and the little moments when their attraction for each other won through.


“Why are you such a manwhoring asshole?” I asked, my face inches from his.
“Why are you such a cockblocking priss?” he asked.


The relationship was thoroughly developed and so were the characters. I seriously wished there was more because I really enjoyed this book and these characters  even the secondary characters, her friends and his. Oh and Clive. He was my favourite.

When they did get together? Fireworks. So good. I wished it was longer. 

“Did you know I started falling for you the night you banged on my door?” he asked, kissing my neck. “And that I as soon as I started to get to know you, I wasn't with anyone
else?” 

And her 'O' Caroline totally got that back courtesy of some sexy loving and wallbanging from Simon!

"I don’t know if he could see the choirs of dirty angels singing, but no matter. I could.
And it was the definition of bliss.
O came back, and she brought friends..."

Totally fun read and totally worth it. You'll love every moment of this book and won't regret it. It'll have you laughing and falling in love from start to finish.
4.5/5 stars


Also by Alice Clayton
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day