Jan 13, 2013

REVIEW: In Flight (Up in the Air, #1) by R.K. Lilley

This book read very Fifty Shades for me. I loved Fifty Shades and Christian and Ana. This is a book meant for fans of Fifty Shades fans and fans of extremely possessive and sexy billionaires who go after the inexperienced and very submissive types girls.

James Cavendish is the epitome of an Alpha male hero. Bianca has so many names to describe him; beautiful, arrogant, kinky, very insatiable, desperate, stalkerish, relentless and very, very mercurial. I could go on. The list is endless to describe this man. He wants the very beautiful and unbeknownst the very inexperienced Bianca Karlsson. Think I may have left off the most important adjective to describe James; he's dominant as in a DOM. Yep, there's BDSM play in this one. James doesn't mess around with his kink.

They both have haunted pasts. Bianca's past only her best friend Stephan knows about. I adored Stephan. The platonic closeness these two share was really great to read. They always had each other through everything. They always counted on each other. In many ways (as I think Bianca said) they were both an extension of the same person.


"There was no question that he was the most important person in my life. When I heard the word family, I thought of only one person, and that
person was Stephan."
― Bianca, In Flight

There is an undeniable sensuality in the air whenever Bianca was near James. She thinks he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen and I'm inclined to believe her with her physical description of him.


"Perhaps it was his deep golden complexion, combined with his sandy brown hair, which hung straight, just hitting the collar of his crisp white dress shirt. It was that light brown color that sat somewhere between blonde and brown, choosing neither, but somehow hit a shade that was lovelier than both. And his deep tan belonged on a surfer, or at least someone with dark hair and eyes. But his eyes weren't dark. They were a bright turquoise and stood out starkly with his unusual coloring. And they were so damn piercing…I felt as though he knew things about me with just a look, things he couldn't possibly know."
― Bianca, In Flight


Bianca doesn't have an easy time resisting this impossibly determined billionaire. He's adamant that he'll have her and gosh can you blame her? I mean even after he finds out about her V-card, he says the sexiest thing to her. Her innocence doesn't deter him in the slightest. Like I said; very determined. I think this may be the best and the sexiest line in the book: 


“I’m going to ruin you. I’ll be your first, and I’ll f*ck you so thoroughly that I’ll be your last too. You won’t want any other man after I've gotten my hands on you.” 
― James Cavendish, In Flight


Yep, sigh!

There are sex scenes aplenty in this book. So very steamy. BDSM play, James openly admits to Bianca that he's a sadist. He's never wanted anyone like he's wanted her and she has never felt the need to be with someone physically till him.


“Even masochists need lovers. What would a girl like me do without someone like you? Perhaps everyone is good for someone.” 
― Bianca, In Flight


This book has it all. A sexy billionaire Dom who has an insatiable need to possess this inexperienced young woman, deep dark and scaring secrets from both sides, an inability to commit and not from the character you may think (yep, it's Bianca running from commitment), the sweetest BFF anyone can ask for (adore Stephan), secrets coming back to haunt and eventually cause a rift into there already rocky and sort of non-existent relationship.


"You’re the most gorgeous creature on the planet. How do you not know that you've completely ruined me for other men?” 
― Bianca, In Flight


I loved that Bianca tried to retain her independence and not submit to James in all aspects of her life except the bedroom. But her persistence in doubting everything he said about them being together to mean nothing more than a fling, that he'd be done with in no time annoyed me to no end. I understand she has issues but the man is professing how different this is to anything he's had before and how serious it is to him but she continually belittles it.


“If you are having trouble understanding, let me spell it out for you … This is serious, Bianca. I've never been more f#cking serious in my life.” 
― James Cavendish, In Flight


All in all a good book and James Cavendish is one sexy man!
New book boyfriend.

4/5 stars!
For more from this author




0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day