Apr 20, 2013

REVIEW: Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1) by Katy Evans




“Your name,” he growls, panting, his eyes wild on mine.
“Uh, Brooke.”
“Brooke what?” he snaps out, his nostrils flaring.
His lips curl and he meets my gaze. “Brooke Dumas.” He just fucked my name right in front of me.

― First Meeting, Real




That quote, well I was hooked well before that. This book sizzled but never fizzled. I was so wired after reading this book. Remington freaking Tate! This book was just everything. I needed this. I hadn't had time to read lately and I'm so glad I kicked my rut with this book. Remy and Brooke's story had everything. Possessive hero check. He's a fighter! Sizzling sexual chemistry that was seriously off the charts!! They didn't have to do anything but look at each other. That was it. You felt it like it was some palpable entity in the air. 

I really connected with Brooke. Felt every intense moment with her and Remy. (No not the ermm . . . sexy scenes cuz that'd be creepy). But I mean the feelings, the emotions that ran so high. It was intense you couldn't not feel it.

I loved her reaction when she first saw him in the ring. She totally thought she'd be unaffected. Totally didn't want to be there but damn if she didn't think he was the sexiest and most beautiful man she'd ever seen.

My.God.Dimples.
Dark scruffy jaw.
Boyish smile. Man’s body. Killer tan.
― Brooke Dumas, Real

His reaction to her just as palpable. My God! This man knew what he wanted and he went after it. I loved how he introduced himself to her. I'm smiling just remembering reading that. It was a highlight alright.

“Brooke,” he growls softly, meaningfully, against my lips, as he draws back with a smile. “I’m
Remington.”
― Remington Tate, Real

Brooke had never felt anything like what she instantly felt for Remington after their first eye-lock,  after he kissed her. And then taking a job with him that meant putting her hands on his body. I'd take that job any day. I loved how Remy had eyes for no one but her. He was so caring and considerate with her. Getting close but not too close. Their little habit of playing songs to each other that expressed their feelings? Sigh! And "Iris" I adore that song and that was his song to her. She didn't understand at the time but he was trying to tell her he had a dark secret that he wasn't sure she'd understand.

He was vulnerable but never let it show, covering it with his cocky attitude but he had deep-set fears. Fears that came from a disorder that he was so scared would make her leave him. I totally understood that. It was the kind of thing that you couldn't be sure. He suffered black moods where his behaviour was unpredictable, he was pissy and easily angered and destructive. And very possessive and jealous. He worried that in his black moods he could do something he had no control over and hurt her and she'd go. I just wanted to hug him and never leave him but Brooke would probably rip my hair out for that!

“You’ll leave me the second it gets too steep, and you’ll leave me with nothing – when I want you like I've never wanted anything in life. You’re all I think about, dream about. I get high and low and it’s not about you now, it’s not even about me anymore. I can’t sleep, can’t think, can’t concentrate worth shit anymore and it’s all because I want to be the fucking ‘one’ for you.” 
― Remington Tate, Real

But she loved him. She didn't know when it happened but it did. That beautiful man slowly wormed his way into her heart and she knew she'd never be the same again. She'd never survive him. Their connection, their intensity for each other could have been scary but I thought it was beautiful. Two people whose dreams got shattered finding each other. Remy's feelings for her was  . . . I can't explain. It was just so intense. And if I had to sum this book up in one word, it would be  . . .INTENSE.

“Have you ever been anyone's?"
"No. And you?"
"I've never wanted to."
"Neither have I. Until I saw this lovely girl in Seattle, with big gold eyes, and pink, full lips... and I wondered if she could understand me...” 
― Remy & Brooke, Real

He took it slow with her so she'd want him for him. Just him, not "Riptide." He knew when he saw her that first night that she was his and he wanted her to be his, not just a fling. But something real!

 "I’m every woman’s adventure, damn you, and I don’t want to be yours. I want to be your f*cking REAL. You get that? If I f*ck you, I want you to belong to me. To be mine.” 
― Remington Tate, Real

As I said before, their chemistry was off the charts even when they weren't having sex. I mean these two had some really hot moments.

“"Are you mine?" he asks gruffly, as his hand returns between my thighs and briefly enters me. I gasp. Undone. Delirious. "I'm yours." His expression is tense, ravenous, so hot as he scrapes his finger deep into my channel. "Do you want me inside you?" My need clogs my windpipe as pleasure shoots down my legs. "I want you everywhere. All over me. Inside me.” 
― Remy & Brooke, Real

His possessiveness towards her could've been unhealthy but it wasn't totally. I admit though that he went to extremes, letting opponents hit him so he get her hands on his skin afterwards. But I'd want a man who wanted to protect and always keep me safe. Remy always made her feel safe. He knew she was his 'one' and he just needed her. She calmed him. Even his closest friends couldn't believe how different he was with her especially in his dark moods. She made him feel at ease, at home. I loved that.

“Brooke, you can't leave. You're mine” 
― Katy Evans, Real

His little pre-fight ritual of looking ta her in the stand before his fight was so freaking adorable. I wish I could see those dimples. It's like he was saying 'this is for you.' That every fight was for her. That he'd do anything for her. and he did. They were almost lost to each other after he tried to give her something she'd wanted so badly. He always made sure she knew even without the words, though she never saw it clear enough, everyone around her saw his love.

“By the time those electric blue eyes seek me out in the stands, my heart throbs fiercely in my temples, and my insides bubble with emotion when he spots me. He stares straight into my eyes, and his eyes are only mine, and his smile is only mine, and for this fraction of an instant, nothing else matters but us.” 
― Katy Evans, Real

All in all I really loved this book. Best I've read for a while. The author told a great story that unfolds even further in "Mine" book two which I'm super excited for. And then "Remy" which is "Real" from Remy's POV. That should be really good. I love to get the hero's thoughts because they always seem so much more intense and the heroine never truly see everything on the surface. And the Melanie gets her story (Brooke's BFF) that should be terrific, I enjoyed her character  She was so bubbly!

“I'm so fucking in love with you I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. . .“You’ve claimed me, little firecracker. . . . You staked your claim on me, even before you realized I’d staked mine already.” He fists my hair and pulls me close to his lips. “I’m yours now … Even if I screw this up, I’ll still be your screw-up.”  ” 
― Remington Tate, Real

4/5 stars


“ . . .There he is, a woman's living, breathing fantasy, doing his slow, cocky turn, spiky black hair, darkly tanned chest, dimpled smile-killer smile-all in the package of Remington Tate. He's perfection itself, and a new surge of hormones sweeps through me as I do what the rest of the crowd does and take in his visual, so blatantly on display in those low riding boxing shorts and so strikingly sexy, he becomes the center of my attention. The center. Of my. World.” 
― Brooke Dumas, Real


For more from this author follow Katy Evans on Twitter

I wholeheartedly recommend this book! Seriously! Read it! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day