Jun 4, 2013

REVIEW: Picture Perfect by Alessandra Thomas


"Whether the rest of world saw me that way, I knew now that I was strong, and I was beautiful, just the way I was."
― Cat , Picture Perfect








Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a change first off, having a plus-size heroine. I appreciated the novelty of that. I related to Catherine's story and struggle as well. She's a fashion design major who modeled for cash to cruise her through each semester. But after a horseback riding incident that resulted in an injury that not only damaged her lower leg bone but felled her self-esteem too.

What I related to her in was going from a a size four to around a size 12 (for me) for Cat it was like a fourteen as she said. It's a challenge. 

It sucked for me I know when my clothes didn't fit the same and I had to adjust to just looking different. For Cat it seemed much worse because she was a model. This was how she made her money. It was a difficult phase but she had a great support system in her best friend Joey and her therapist. But someone who I think helped her a lot was Nate the once every chubby guy that she kissed when they were younger.

In many ways Nate and her fit so well. I mean who better to help her adjust and understand than someone who himself struggled with his weight and saw it as the cause for his problems growing up. 

This book was great in terms of helping women appreciate themselves and seeing that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It was all about Cat accepting herself and her body and embracing her new shape which she eventually did. Great fast read. I would recommend it.

“Didn’t I talk about us like we were a thing from our first date? I fell in love with you that first time we went out for burgers and dancing. I love our weird dates and your belly laugh and how you see beauty in everything. Except yourself. And I love being the one to help you get there. I love the way you daydream I love the way you hold my hand. I can’t stop thinking about the way you taste.” 

― Nate, Picture Perfect

4/5 stars


0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day