Jan 18, 2014

REVIEW: Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3) by Tarryn Fisher


  “The day I met her under that tree, it was as if I breathed a spore of her into my lungs. We kept coming back to each other. The distance between our bodies grew wider over the years as we tried to live separately. But that spore took root and grew. And no matter the distance or circumstance, Olivia is something that grows inside of me.” 
― Caleb Drake, Thief









What do I say except that this is the most mind-blowingly awesome series I've ever read with such flawed dynamic characters that leave their mark when you're done reading. Caleb Drake, Olivia Kaspen and Leah Smith. Characters I hated, loved and got pissed off at more times than I can count.


I'm one of those people who get emotionally invested in books when they have that pull. That something that resonates with you and you can't let it go. Reading "Thief" and getting all this insight from Caleb's POV was just amazing.


I have this series pinned under books-that-piss-me-off, books-that-make-me-cry and my-book-obsessions. Because no matter how much I hate it, I love it just as much.

Caleb Drake is one determined man. Finally free from Leah he's determined to get Olivia back, only problem is that she's married - to Noah.


“Olivia. I've lost her three times. The first was to impatience. The second was to a lie so dense we couldn't work our way through it, and the third time - this time - I've lost her to Noah.” 

― Caleb Drake, Thief



Caleb and Olivia's relationship is toxic to say the least. Olivia has issues miles wide and Caleb hasn't yet proven himself the guy that can give her what she needs but these two love each other like nothing else. I don't think either of them can remember a time when they didn't love each other, even being apart over a ten year period. The love they had for each other endured.


"I fell in love under a tree."
 - Olivia Kaspen, Thief

Tarryn Fisher weaves a story so angsty, so painful and so beautiful all at once. Her writing is just . . . I have no words! Caleb was a man on a mission to get his girl back. She was the only person he wanted to be with. Man, my heart cried out for him. He made his fair share of mistakes during this time but this man loved this woman so fiercely, that it made my heart ache every time he felt pain.

Everyone around him could see destruction waiting to happen between these two but Caleb didn't care he just wanted her consequences be damned. He had nothing to lose after everything he endured because of Leah maliciousness and losing his daughter. He just wanted the one thing that made his life make sense. Olivia was it.


This series coming to its end was bittersweet. I loved and hated these characters all at the same time. They infuriated me and made me cry and curse and damn just so many emotions throughout this series! Definitely a must read series for those looking for angst and honestly reality. Because these characters were anything but perfect. The reality of their imperfections made it all more enjoyable and relatable!

Olivia Kaspen. Caleb Drake and Leah Smith are forever characters that I will never forget! Tarryn Fisher's Love Me with Lies series was genius!

5/5 Stars




0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

quotes Candy likes


"I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you."— Sylvia Day